Phase 1 Survival Kit
Jameson represents a wide range of researchers, engineers, scientists and other problem solvers – from the sophisticated and experienced, to first-time innovators. But too often, clients discover our firm’s unique services after it’s too late.
Our Phase 1 Survival Kit is designed to help companies thrive during this crucial start-up period. It’s a cost-effective way to become compliant with the government’s strict accounting regulations and position your company to secure adequate funding for Phase II.
The Phase 1 Survival Kit is designed for small start-ups with very limited funds, but who are willing to commit to working with us if you win Phase II and includes:
Phase II Proposal Services
We will consult with you and provide you with the tools necessary to ensure that the cost portion of your Phase II proposal is appropriate for your company’s needs. This will include the following:
- We will provide you with Jameson’s indirect rate projection workbook and assist you in the development of an indirect rate.
- We will provide assistance with the cost portion of your Phase II proposal.
- We will work with you to submit all the financial documentation necessary to negotiate an indirect rate.
- Once the federal government makes a preliminary decision to award your Phase II project, we will represent you in the negotiation of their indirect rates with your customer’s cognizant audit agency.
Accounting System Set Up Services
We will review your accounting policies and procedures in relation to its government contract requirements to ensure compliance. This includes the following steps:
- We will set up your chart of accounts using QuickBooks Pro.
- We will enable the use of the job cost feature to ensure the segregation of costs by project.
- We will provide your financial liaison with training on how to use the new QuickBooks data file, how to vouch invoices to ensure that costs are properly documented, and how to enter time and expenses to obtain timely job cost and indirect rate reports.
P1 Survival Kit Pricing
Step 1 – Project indirect rates, cost proposal assistance, and prepare paperwork for submission ~ $2000.
Step 2 – Set up a compliant accounting system and provide training (typically once you have been notified of a pending P2 award) ~ $1500-1800